bathtub gin



Here comes the joker
with his silly grin
he carries a martini
made of bathtub gin

Wendy's on the windowsill
Waiting to be let in
And were all in the bathtub now
Making Bathtub Gin


bloggers:
Tao of Pauly
Daddy
Change 100
The Rooster
Derek
Coventry: A Phish Blog
Al Cant Hang
Live Music Blog
Phish & Chips

Raise Hell, Drink Beer.
Get Trished.
Indigo Boulevard

The Joker
is enjoying:


Sound Tribe Sector 9

Beck: Guero

TiVo is the Greatest thing EVER.

making bathtub gin:

the joker
31, Pisces
Denver, CO

Windowsill Wendy
is enjoying:

Banquet Beer.

Wilco: Sky Blue Sky

Cassis Rose = Yum

windowsill wendy
29, Capricorn
Denver, CO

"Music is a spiritual expression of what's in your heart. Music as a way of getting rich is a pretty new thing, and I often wonder if the mega-bucks glitzy atmosphere is making the quality of music suffer. You have to work really hard to get around that and remember why you're in it in the first place: because you have to be. It's like an addiction. You can't go a day without picking up your guitar. To me, the only commercial goals that are really valid are, 'Boy, I wish I didn't have to go to work. I wish I could do this all the time."
-Trey Anastasio

"Impose rules to make life simpler. Break them to make life more fun."
-Jon Fishman

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Mad Scientists

posted 8:39 AM by the joker

Last night I played at a hole in the wall bar called Dulcinea's on Colfax. I play in what can best be described as an improv group- we don't practice and just get up and jam. We call ourselves "The Mad Scientists." The other members of the band consider this a side project- and at times they seem to enjoy our gigs/practices more than their other bands because everyone has complete freedom to do whatever we want. We do jams that sometimes would put the Disco Biscuits to shame, and other times probably sukk. But we have fun. There were about 10 people at the bar last night, so it was almost like a public practice.

The owner actually double-booked the evening last night. A talented duo from Amarillo, TX- The Fieldside Refugees were there as well. Neither band knew about the other one- but we started talking and they were really cool guys. We ended up all jamming together- they had a huge percussion setup and it was a lot of fun.

We had so much fun, in fact, that we are playing there again tonight- with the same band. They were in town for a couple of days and so we said what the heck.

Yoga

Since I started my new job downtown I have been riding my bike to work every day (at least on the sunny days, a couple of times it rained & i took the bus) and then have been going to Yoga after work 4 days a week. I have been doing that for about 3 weeks solid now, and I feel great. I can really feel the difference and am really getting into it. It is also cool to slowly see my body change, I am glad I have finally found a routine that is getting me back into shape after years of supporting Wendy's.

The other afternoon when I was walking into the yoga studio & checking in at the front desk, one of the teachers commented that I had become "quite the regular." I smiled & let her know that I had started a new job close by and I was doing my best to come 3-4 days a week after work. The owner of the studio was sitting next to her and perked up when he heard me say this. Dave is pictured on the website- and can be best described as a dashing South African with flowing hair.

Dave: "If you do yoga 3 times a week consistently, it will change your life."
The Joker: "Will it put hair on my chest?" (Dave had his shirt unbuttoned)
Dave: "Possibly. But I have also seen a lot of yoga take the hair off of people's chests." (referring to the men at the studio who groom themselves & hog the mirror)

One thing about working in a corporate environment is that everyone feels the need to comment on something really obvious but is a little bit out of the ordinary.

Case in point: my yoga mat. Every day I walk into the office with my yoga mat rolled up on my backpack. I work in a large office, so I suppose everyone has not noticed that I have a yoga mat on my backpack every day.

But I know when they notice.

"Is that a yoga mat?" "Do you do yoga?" "Are you going to take a nap later on that mat?"

The answer to the quiz questions: Yes, Yes, and maybe I should.

Labels: ,

 

0 comments

bathtub gin archives » or back home »

Thanks for visiting and reading us. Come back and let's be friends.