bathtub gin



Here comes the joker
with his silly grin
he carries a martini
made of bathtub gin

Wendy's on the windowsill
Waiting to be let in
And were all in the bathtub now
Making Bathtub Gin


bloggers:
Tao of Pauly
Daddy
Change 100
The Rooster
Derek
Coventry: A Phish Blog
Al Cant Hang
Live Music Blog
Phish & Chips

Raise Hell, Drink Beer.
Get Trished.
Indigo Boulevard

The Joker
is enjoying:


Sound Tribe Sector 9

Beck: Guero

TiVo is the Greatest thing EVER.

making bathtub gin:

the joker
31, Pisces
Denver, CO

Windowsill Wendy
is enjoying:

Banquet Beer.

Wilco: Sky Blue Sky

Cassis Rose = Yum

windowsill wendy
29, Capricorn
Denver, CO

"Music is a spiritual expression of what's in your heart. Music as a way of getting rich is a pretty new thing, and I often wonder if the mega-bucks glitzy atmosphere is making the quality of music suffer. You have to work really hard to get around that and remember why you're in it in the first place: because you have to be. It's like an addiction. You can't go a day without picking up your guitar. To me, the only commercial goals that are really valid are, 'Boy, I wish I didn't have to go to work. I wish I could do this all the time."
-Trey Anastasio

"Impose rules to make life simpler. Break them to make life more fun."
-Jon Fishman

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Commitment

posted 8:37 AM by Windowsill Wendy

Now there's a word I've been thinking about quite a lot recently - in several different applications.

My sister-in-law informed me that she thinks I have "relationship issues." I think that stems from a lack of commitment. But then, doesn't everyone have relationship issues?

I've been ridiculously committed to accomplishing some pretty massive goals at work - to the point that work has taken over my life.

I made a commitment to start from scratch and re-build my life when I moved to Colorado. I've succeeded in some areas and failed miserably in others.

Commitment is a funny thing - it seems we are always either over-committed or lacking commitment. How do you find the middle ground?

Interestingly enough, I enrolled a while back in a ten-week personal development seminar (gotta invest in yourself sometimes, right?). Last night was the first session of the seminar. I have been so busy lately that I really didn't pay attention to the title or content of the seminar - just sort of showed up and hoped for the best. Turns out the thing is all about commitment.

As part of the first session, I was asked to begin a list of things I am committed to at the moment. So that all of you out there on the inter-web can hold me accountable, I'll list them here. Here goes...

I am committed to:
  1. making a tangible, positive difference in the world by bringing my fundraising campaign to the $1 million dollar level.
  2. being honest and open and not sacrificing relationships for the sake of being "right."
  3. creating more time to enjoy life in general and engage in the activities I moved to Colorado to pursue.
  4. empowering others to create new possibilities in life.
  5. creating an extraordinary partnership with at least one person in my life.

So that's a start. I look at the list and realize that I have been very committed to some of the items and not so much on others. It's easy to say the words. It's not so easy to muster the courage to carry them out sometimes.

 

3 comments

bathtub gin archives » or back home »

Thanks for visiting and reading us. Come back and let's be friends.