bathtub gin



Here comes the joker
with his silly grin
he carries a martini
made of bathtub gin

Wendy's on the windowsill
Waiting to be let in
And were all in the bathtub now
Making Bathtub Gin


bloggers:
Tao of Pauly
Daddy
Change 100
The Rooster
Derek
Coventry: A Phish Blog
Al Cant Hang
Live Music Blog
Phish & Chips

Raise Hell, Drink Beer.
Get Trished.
Indigo Boulevard

The Joker
is enjoying:


Sound Tribe Sector 9

Beck: Guero

TiVo is the Greatest thing EVER.

making bathtub gin:

the joker
31, Pisces
Denver, CO

Windowsill Wendy
is enjoying:

Banquet Beer.

Wilco: Sky Blue Sky

Cassis Rose = Yum

windowsill wendy
29, Capricorn
Denver, CO

"Music is a spiritual expression of what's in your heart. Music as a way of getting rich is a pretty new thing, and I often wonder if the mega-bucks glitzy atmosphere is making the quality of music suffer. You have to work really hard to get around that and remember why you're in it in the first place: because you have to be. It's like an addiction. You can't go a day without picking up your guitar. To me, the only commercial goals that are really valid are, 'Boy, I wish I didn't have to go to work. I wish I could do this all the time."
-Trey Anastasio

"Impose rules to make life simpler. Break them to make life more fun."
-Jon Fishman

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Waiting for the time that I can finally say “This has all been wonderful, but now im on my way…”

posted 2:14 PM by the joker

That time is almost here. On Saturday I finished my last project that I will turn in tonight…my MBA is complete and my time at my work and in Dallas is winding down. I have been thinking a lot about the future and the present…and some of the past. On paper it seems like I have accomplished a lot, but I feel somewhat in limbo and wonder what the future holds.

To catch you up, here is what I am planning for the summer:

May 1-2 Coachella Music Festival, Indio CA (Near Palm Springs)
May 15 SMU Graduation
June 4 Leave my current job
June 10-14 Bonnaroo, Manchester TN
June 17-26 Phish Tour
June 27-30 ????
July 1-4 High Sierra Music Festival, (in Northern CA- a hell of a drive from the midwest where phish tour ends…)
July ??? Move to Denver, start working/looking for gainful employment

And now, ill answer some fan mail:

Q: How are you financing your travels?
A: I've saved some money, yo.

Q: What is all this hippie music crap?
A: Hey, don't be afraid of the jam. Besides, im giving the indie rockers a nod at Coachella.

Q: What do you want to do once you get to Colorado?
A: Well, thats the big question. Im looking for marketing/advertising management positions, and I'm hoping to find a company that isn't too corporate. I'm optimistic.

Q: Is there anything interesting that the stars can tell us about your upcoming changes?
A: Funny you should ask, im getting a tarot card reading from a good friend that is learning about that stuff. Plus, Susan Miller thinks that 2004 is going to be a great year for Pisces.

Q: I hear you are growing your hair longer and have been sporting something between a beard and scruff. Is this true?
A: Oui.

Q: Is TiVo the greatest thing ever invented?
A: Oui.

Q: 12 x 35 = 420?
A: most definitely oui.

Q: Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind?
A: YES!

Q: Who is going to win the upcoming Presidential Election? Will interest rates rise? How will we end the violence in Iraq and the Middle East? Are drugs bad for you? Which came first: Female bloggers or Sarah Vowell?
A: Kerry...yes...dont know...mmmmkay...the chicken then the egg.


I read this today and thought that I would share it: The three states of being. The highest -- what you are. The second -- what you do. The lowest -- what you own.


check back with ya soon, suckas.

 

0 comments

bathtub gin archives » or back home »

Thanks for visiting and reading us. Come back and let's be friends.